Dr. K as your Dissertation Methodologist/Statistician
Dr. K has taught statistics and research methodology at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level. His background is developmental psychology with training in item/instrument validation, longitudinal analysis, and big dataset handling (e.g., longitudinal dataset).
Check before you meet with Dr. K
72 hours prior to the (possible) meeting:
You must understand your research topic and be able to explain it. Send a summary (double spaced) about your dissertation that includes the following:
- Purpose and rationale of your study.
- Research questions.
- Identify the independent and dependent variables and what you would like to do with them.
- Proposed methods-Chapter 3 portions
- Be sure to include what is your proposed data source.
- Be sure to include how you will measure your variables and identify if the measures are evidence-based.
- Any perceived ethical hurdles.
- Do not send your full Chapters. A summary is all that necessary.
The consultation meeting with be 30 minutes over Zoom.
Please be sure that you understand that I will not be helping you write your Chapter 3 because that is your task as doctoral candidate. I can only consult and advise on the direction of your analysis, methodology, and statistics.
After the meeting:
- It is your duty to report accurately to your Department Chair
- You will send a summary of next steps to you and your Dissertation Chair in order to ensure that everyone is on the same page.