Are you a Cal State LA Faculty, Staff, or Administrator?
- Survey proposals must be submitted at least 90 days before the anticipated administration date.
- Please ensure appropriate approvals are obtained prior to submitting a Survey Request Form. IE may request documentations of approval (i.e., Cal State LA official(s), IRB).
- IE’s approval DOES NOT serve as an alternative for review by IRB or other officials. Furthermore, IRB approvals does not guarantee that IE will approve a survey request.
- Surveys to entire population will not be approved.
IE will consider various criteria when reviewing survey proposal including, but not limited to:
- Survey provides useful information for planning or improve programs or services
- Administration timeline does not impact other surveys and activities.
- Survey follows both the University and Federal policies for collecting and managing data.
- Survey is well-designed and of appropriate length.
- Clear steps are taken to ensure confidentiality of participants and responses.